On a side note, Fox and Friends featured the BFF bracelets this morning in support of the proud men and women who serve this country! Thanks to Fox and Friends for talking to Sergeant Major Jack Tilley and supporting this awesome opportunity to connect friends, families, and soldiers. If you missed it this morning, you can watch it here. What a great way to kick off the holiday weekend!
And now some ideas for you and your BFF….
- Obviously, no properly celebrated 4th of July would be complete without a parade and fireworks. Check your local newspaper for details as to when and where these events are taking place in your area.
- Backyard BBQ’s are a cheap and fun way to gather all of your family and friends together. Plus, there is something about the smell of hamburgers on the grill that just screams “summertime”! (Fun tip: throw some thick slices of pineapple on the grill for a sweet treat!)
- Sick and tired of the cliched red, white, and blue outfits? Instead, add some fun nautical-inspired pieces to your outfit. Nautical themed clothing and accessories are super fashionable right now- think a blue and white striped tank, or a dangling anchor pendant.
- How cute are the American flag cakes that always pop up in bakeries for the holiday? Rather than spending your hard-earned cash on a professional dessert, grab your BFF and make your own versions! Bake a simple white sheet cake (we won’t judge you if you buy the pre-made mix!) and top with white icing, sliced strawberries, and fresh blueberries. Yum!
- Live near water? Then take to the seas! Outdoor activities allow you to enjoy the beautiful weather AND spend quality time with your BFF beneath the summer sun, whether you’re paddling a kayaking, catching wind on a sailboat, or simply wading in and relaxing with a fishing pole. Wear sunscreen and your nautical-themed gear, of course.
- Indulge! Share a pint of ice cream and laughs with your BFF as you reflect on the holiday.
- Most importantly, don’t forget to take a moment to remember what the holiday represents. Thank our service men and women for allowing the US to remain a free country. Connect with a member of the military as a symbol of your gratitude.
Enjoy your weekend!