Best Friends Day
best friends day: june 8
think about it: we set aside days to pay tribute to parents, presidents and professionals. why not take a day to celebrate the one person we can always turn to? on June 8, join millions of us in honoring our best friends … and do it bff style 😉 “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
our ten favorite ideas for best friends day 2010
National Best Friends Day is so new, it doesn’t have any time-honored traditions yet. What we do know is that it’s all about having fun together and sharing (one for me, one for you!). Here below are a few of our faves. Any you’d like to add to the list, email us at email@example.com — We’d love to hear from you!
- Share a day of beauty with your bff… Mani-pedi anyone? Mini-makeovers…paint your nails, try out new makeup—it’s fun to share and get beauty tips from your friend. Check out our BFF Beauty products at BFFBeautyShop.com. You’ll love our new lip gloss!
- Together, you can make a difference. Do something good for the world. Participate in an organized community-service activity for the day, or create your own! Bake sales and car washes are a fun and easy way to raise money for your favorite charity. Search for opportunities in your area at www.dosomething.org
- Far away from your bff? Send her what girls love most—flowers! Find the perfect bouquet at 1800flowers.com
- Collaborate on cool arts and crafts. Channel your inner artist. Gather up pictures of the two of you and arrange them into a cool collage (A bff collage is a necessity for any dorm room!)… Or, tie-dye old t-shirts, tank tops, socks, and bedsheets to create fun new pieces. Learn how easy it is to tie-dye.
- If you’re away from your bff, write her a letter. That’s the old fashioned kind, in an envelope, that she’ll keep and cherish forever. Get fun stationery at FabulousStationery.com
- Rock out at Girls Night In. Make your own music video and become the next YouTube sensation! Or sit back together and laugh, make cookies and play a board game… Mad Gab, Life, Monopoly, Scene It?… Or check out www.pagat.com to learn some new ones.
- For bff’s, there’s nothing better than a decadent meal of your own devising. Cook dinner together… Or even better, host a fabulous dinner party for all of your friends. Making pizza from scratch is easier than you think! Find some great recipes at the Nook and Pantry blog And for dessert, get cookies from NYC’s famous Levain Bakery (with each cookie weighing in at six ounces, your BFF will be sure to share with you!) To order, go visit in person or get them online at www.levainbakery.com!
- It’s the perfect day to begin a new sport together. Even if you’re old pros at yoga, there are always new moves. Visit Yoga to the People, or get thee to the tennis court — many are open to the public… find a court near you. If you live near a beach, play 1-on-1 volleyball for the ultimate championship in fun.
- Ladies Who Lunch anyone? Get dressed in your finest to while away the afternoon gossiping at a fancy restaurant. Many offer lunch specials that are significantly cheaper than dinner prices. Take advantage! Read restaurant reviews for your nearest city at yelp.com.
- No matter what, no matter how far away you are from your bff, never let the distance come between you. It’s a whole new web out there. Skype to catch up, play online games together… or, you can have a really fun time shopping together online in real time for the coolest new looks at wetseal.com.]
recap of best friends day 2009
bff partnered with NBC’s The Today Show – to find stories about Best Friends. Then on June 8th, bff took over Times Square in New York for the day. We were joined by thousands of friends who came to celebrate their friendship. We also encouraged friends to share messages across Twitter with a #bff code.
- See the The Today Show piece
- See our TMI bff’s and their recap of best friends day
- See all the great photos we shot of bff’s in Times Square