Welcome back to Friendship Friday!
The “Back to School” signs are flooding the stores, which is the official mark that summer is nearing an end. Are you freaking out?! Take a deep breath, because BFF has got you covered. Check out this question we received from a BFF Fan:
Hi BFF! My friends and I are all going to be college freshmen this year, and we’re super excited! Sadly, we’re all going to schools in different states. We’ve been inseperable for years, and now we’re going to be miles apart. We’re worried that we’re going to be too busy with schoolwork, jobs, and our new social lives to maintain such a strong bond. Do you have any tips for staying in touch with old friends?
Of course we have tips on how to maintain your friendship! Have we ever let you down? Now, let’s begin…
- Emails are the easiest way to stay in touch during your busy college schedule. Take five minutes out of your day to type out all of your gossip and send to your friends!
- Facebook is a great social network because it allows you to establish “groups”. Invite all your BFF’s into a catchy-titled group (think back to the middle school days when you called yourselves the Fab 4) and you can all chat together! Don’t forget to make the group private though – you don’t want creepers spying on your conversations!
- Stop texting, and start dialing. Yes, we understand that you are busy. That is why it is important that you and your BFF coordinate schedules and choose a specific time each week when you are both available to chat on the phone or via an online phone service, such as Skype. Skype is great because you can use your webcam and actually see your BFF while you chat with her! (Perfect for showing off new clothes!)
- Remember birthdays. Set an alarm on your phone to ensure that you do not forget your BFF’s birthday. Send her a cute care package, or even a simple card, to show that you are thinking of her on her special day, even though you can’t be with her.
- Plan reunions. It will give you something to look forward to during finals week!
Please share your own tips on how to stay close to your BFF’s during the hectic college years!