The hardest part about making a pie, is making the crust. It always breaks or doesn’t rise properly, and some premade crusts just aren’t that good. What would fall be without pie?? Our frustration with crust and cravings for pumpkin pie led us to the discovery of the “Impossible pie” it makes ITS OWN crust. Probably solved, pie eaten. Here is how you make it:
What You’ll Need:
- 1 (15-ounce) can 100% pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 (12-ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat biscuit baking mix
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray.
2. Blend all ingredients together in a blender on high speed for 1 minute. No mixer? No problem, place all ingredients in a large bowl and beat 2 minutes with a hand beater. Pour mixture into pie plate.
3. Bake 1 hour, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Let cool then cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
To dress it up a bit, top with dollops of whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon.