The Food Network might be the best channel on network television. Competition shows like Chopped are exhilarating, while cooking focused shows like Giada at Home and The Barefoot Contessa are soothing and full of delicious looking meal ideas! Sometimes though these ideas are a bit out of our range. Sorry Ina, it isn’t really on option for me to “grab some fresh mint from the garden” I mean I live in NYC… This is when www.foodnetwork.com really comes in handy. They have so many recipes, and they are easy too!! Check out this absolutely delicious Snickerdoodle recipe! Great to bring to parties this holiday season!
What you need:
For the Topping:
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Cookie Dough:
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
What you do:
- Stir together dry cookie dough ingredients.
- In an electric mixer: cream the butter and add sugar to the mix, then add the eggs, corn syrup, and vanilla…mix thoroughly!
- Add the dry ingredients until blended!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Shape dough into walnut sized dough balls and roll them in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.
- Place on an ungreased sheet pan 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until puffed and the surface is slightly cracked.
- Let cool
- Enjoy with your BFFs!!